How to Become of Member of the Rotary Club of Dili
- Be of adult age and willing to represent your profession or vocation in an international volunteer community welfare organization.
- Be prepared to live your life by the Rotary International moral code, known as The Four Way Test, viz. Of the things we think, say and do:
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
- Attend three regular weekly meetings of the Club, so you can get to know everyone, and they can get to know you.
- Have a member nominate you for membership and have that nomination submitted to the Club Board.
- Assuming the Board accepts your membership you will be advised and then required to pay the Club Annual Membership fee (Currently US$ 240-oo).
- At the next regular meeting after acceptance you will be inducted into Club membership by The President in a public ceremony. At this time you will be presented with your Rotary International badge, as well as a meeting name card.
- From that time onward you will be expected to attend Club meetings and engage in Club activities whenever possible, e.g. fund raising events, or some community enhancement development project, and most importantly have fun and enjoy yourself while doing so in the company of fellow Rotarians and those who are not so fortunate.